Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Artichoke cheese dips are always a hit in our house. They get gobbled up way too quickly! Here's another one of our recent favorite...and it's pretty healthy compared to a lot of the other ones out there!
Adapted from A Latte with Ott
• 12 oz. plain Greek yogurt (2 - 6 oz. containers)
• 6 oz. jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
• 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1/3 cup Romano cheese (we used a mix of Italian cheeses that we found at the grocery store instead)
• 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
In a bowl, mix the yogurt, artichokes and cheese. Pour the mixture into a 9" x 9" greased baking dish. Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Serve warm with crackers.
SO good and guilt-free...unless you eat the whole pan at once like I did : )
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
I love dessert more than anyone, but I can't help but feel guilty when I eat too much of it. When I saw this recipe for healthier cookies, I had to give it a try. Sometimes you just need something sweet and these are a lot better than a package of chocolate chip cookies or a giant cupcake!
Adapted from Once a Month Mom
• 2 bananas
• 2 cups oatmeal
• 1/4 c peanut butter
• 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 3 tablespoons sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Mush bananas in a large bowl.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Let mixture stand for 20 minutes to get more solid.
Roll small balls of cookie mixture and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.