I avoided buying a food processor for years. I hate having too many appliances clutter up the kitchen and I feel like they never get used enough. But after struggling without one for way too long, I finally gave in. I actually bought it with this recipe in mind and I was really impressed with how amazing it worked! I had no idea how easy it would be to shred zucchini! My goal is to use the food processor at least a few times a year, so this is a good start!
Adapted from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
(Makes 2 loaves)
• non-stick cooking spray
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3.5 cups shredded zucchini (I used four zucchinis in a food processor to make this much)
• 1 pound zucchini, shredded (about 3 ½ cups)
• 3/4 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray loaf pans with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, whisk flours, spices, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Mix in eggs, oil, honey, vanilla, and zucchini. Add in the pats and raisins and stir gently.
5. Pour mixture into loaf pans and bake for about 50 minutes or until baked throughout. (I also made one batch in a 9x9 pan and that only needed to bake for about 35 minutes.)