Monday, December 12, 2011

Easy 50¢ Snowflake Ornaments

I was looking for some easy ornament gifts for family members to show off Connor's holiday photos. When I was at Joanns, I noticed these felt snowflakes and rhinestone stickers for $1 each.

To turn the snowflake into a frame opening, I cut out the middle section. The left snowflake shows how they looked when I bought them and the right snowflake shows how I cut out the middle.
Then I used the little rhinestones to accessorize the snowflake because...well, why not?

To make a backing for the frame, I used some white glitter felt and traced around the snowflake shape.

The turned out to be stars which is kinda cute!

Then I traced around the snowflake again so I would have the right size photo for the opening.

I glued the back of the photo to the felt star backing using some Elmer's glue.

And then I glued the photo onto the back of the snowflake and let it dry. I had to glue the corners again just to keep the edges down.

Using a large needle, I added a silver ribbon to the top of the snowflake.

Because I'm a crafty hoarder, I save old holiday cards. I found a glitter snowflake one and cut out a little piece to use as a label on the back of the frame.

We don't have a tree up this year (sad face), so I don't have any fun photos of it on a tree branch. But I'm sure it will look nice on the trees of the family members that get one!

10 comments :

  1. I love your photo ornament. I have a weekly linky Anything goes mon-fri, and an ongoing Winter linky I would love to have you join. The Winter linky is on the right side bar with a picture link. Hope you will come strut your stuff. Happy holidays.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, and great idea! you always amaze me with your crafty genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! - great idea!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so cute! Please come and share your talented and promote your blog here http://meijosjoy.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is perfect! Great project, looks like a million bucks, and has a sweet little photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and that ornament is super duper cute and so is the little angel inside !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute ornament! I can't wait till I get to make little things like this!

    I'd love for you to link your post up at my Friday Favorites party. This week is a special Holly Bloggy Christmas edition, but all holiday ideas are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a simply gorgeous idea! Would you please share this with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, these ornaments are absolutely beautiful, and little Connor is positively adorable in his little Santa hat!

    Thank you so much for being a part of the holiday spirit at Rook No. 17 last Tuesday. Can't wait to see what you have to share today!

    Warmest wishes,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails