This is a great dessert for a few reasons:
1. It's pretty healthy. You can eat as much as you want and not feel guilty!
2. You can alter it in any way you want with different flavors.
With that said, you have no reason not to try it!
Adapted from here
• 1 package angel food cake mix
• confectioners' sugar
• 2 - 8 oz. containers of low-fat yogurt (we used strawberry)
• 1 oz. package instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
• 5 drops red food coloring (to make the filling more strawberry pink)
• 8 oz. container non-fat Cool Whip
Line a jelly roll baking pan with waxed paper. (I forgot we had a jelly roll pan, so we used a cookie sheet and a 9x13 baking dish which both worked great.)
Prepare angel food cake according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan. (My batter made enough for 2 cakes)
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes.
Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off the waxed paper.
In a bowl, combine the yogurt, pudding mix, food coloring, and whipped topping.
Spread mixture evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up.
Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before slicing.
After reading some of the comments on the original recipe, I found out all the different ways you can make filling with different flavors of pudding and yogurt. Even ice cream or jelly work!