Monday, April 30, 2012

Sew A Fleece Baby Sleep Sack

I [heart] sock monkeys!

So when I was at Hobby Lobby one day and saw this awesome fleece sock monkey fabric, I HAD to buy some even though I had no crafts planned at the time. A couple months later, I had the brilliant idea to make a sleep sack for Connor.

I took one of his sleep sacks that he currently used and traced around it to create my own pattern. I enlarged it a little and made it significantly longer so he could grow into it. (They grow too fast!)

I added a 1/4 inch seam allowance around the whole thing so I would have room for seams.

The cheating way to make the sack symmetrical was to just draw one half of it and then fold the piece of paper and cut it out.
I pinned the pattern to the fleece and cut it out. I did the same thing for the front side of the sack, but cut the neck hole a little bigger.

I'm embarrassed.
Well, I must have been really tired back when I made this because I don't think I took photos of the rest of it! But the idea was adapted from the Make It and Love It tutorial. Mine is similar, but I simplified it and didn't use bias strips. Anyway, the little cutie is happy to be wearing his sleep sack and modeling it for you!

I figured the sock monkey would make a nice prop!

The blog post is not complete without a little Kitty in it :)

14 comments :

  1. This is darling. I made several sleep sacks for Peachy that I will be getting out soon for Cream. It is so easy with fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sock monkey fabric!!! So cute! You did a great job. It turned out adorable, just like Connor. And you're right - they do grow waaaay tooooo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, the sack and of course the baby! This would make a great gift. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Maybe I'll try this in the future. You make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!!! I have in mind to make baby sleeping bags for the next size up too. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I wish I would have thought of making these! It seems that they always needed to be washed and I never had enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, to trace the sleep sack you had. My baby loves sleep sacks too. He likes his arms free, and if I swaddle him he just kicks out of it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fabric and great sleep sack! All made even better by the adorable model in the photos!! :)


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, my name is Jennifer and I have shared this post over at my blog eatcraftsow.blogpost.com. Please let me know if there is anything you wish for me to remove. Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tutorial! I've never yet put in a zipper and maybe this is the project where I should give it a try. I've got some fleece on hand a nd a new baby on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent job! This luxurious baby sleeping bags will save you buying lots of different sizes and TOG ratings as it comes in one standard size that fits babies 3m - 2yrs old and it can be used year-round.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is really nice post.Thanks for sharing this nice blog post.For more information-
    baby sleeping bags

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here...
    inexpensive baby carriers

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails