Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cranberry & Feta Orzo Pasta Salad

I saw this recipe here and I knew I had to try it. I was a little nervous having cranberries in a pasta salad, but it was SO good!

Ingredients
1 lb orzo pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
10 or more fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

*Optional: chopped grilled chicken or turkey pepperoni (perfect to make this more of a filling meal instead of a side)

Boil orzo according to the package.

Drain pasta, let cool, and pour into a large bowl.
Add olive oil and mix.

Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.

Lemon juice...

Salt & pepper...

Feta cheese...

Cranberries...

Basil...

I like my pasta salad really cold, so I suggest refrigerating for at least an hour before serving.
For a quick fix, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

4 comments :

  1. mmm...i love dried cranberries - that looks mighty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, yummy! I love pasta and cranberries and mixing them sounds divine! Awesome recipe!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made this on Friday and have been enjoying it daily ever since! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails