Monday, March 1, 2010

Ruffle scarf for a winter weekend

After all the compiments I got on my first ruffle scarf, I knew I had to try a second one when I found some extra cotton fabric in a box. I took a bunch of different ideas from designs I've seen and combined them to make this one.

Supplies:
jersey knit fabric
matching thread
stretchy thread
sewing machine

Measuring dark fabric is a pain, so I used a silver colored pencil. (I think it's about time to invest in one of thos fabric pencils, but this worked fine for now.)

For the scarf, cut and measure a 5" x 80" piece of fabric.
If you don't have a piece that's large enough, so sew a few pieces together to make it long enough like I did.
Then cut 1.5" x 11" strips for the ruffles. I put 3 ruffles on each end of the scarf, but you can do as many as you want.Once each ruffle is created, it shrinks to about half the length, so the fabric strips need to be extra long to start with.

Set up the sewing machine to create the ruffles by using the largest stitch length.
Put regular thread in the spool pin of the sewing machine and stretchy thread in the bobbin.

Sew a straight line down the middle of each short ruffle piece and and you'll see how the fabric will ruffle as it goes through the machine.
Ruffle all 8 pieces (or how ever many you want to make) and then pinned them to the scarf.
Switch the sewing machine to only regular thread and sew each ruffle to the scarf.

Tie it around your neck and show off your pretty craft!


Thanks to hubby for taking this crazy action shot of me...

2 comments :

  1. That is so cute! I love the action shot. Lol. Great job with the scarf! I'd love to try that! Thanks so much for linking to Creative Cats this last week! Come again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is top notch & I can't believe I made something this flavorful! Thank you so much -- I'm a novice cooker & am looking for great slow cooker recipes... the sweet potatoes are setting this stew off & the flavors are amazing! Access the Dark Web Deep Web stories Deep Web Reddit Links Deep Web Browsers

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails