Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easy, Lowfat Tuna Panini

I've had a tuna obsession lately so I've been busy looking for fun recipes. I combined a few different tuna sandwich recipes to create this one.

Ingredients:
• 1 can of chunk light tuna, drained
• 1 tomato, chopped
• 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 1 teaspoon capers
• 4 tablespoons red onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons kalamata olives
• 2 tablespoons marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
• 1 boiled egg, chopped
• pepper (to taste)
• sliced bread

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl

Mix well.

Ok, so there's 2 ways to make your panini: the EASY WAY and the REAL WAY.

The EASY WAY: Toast your bread and spread a thin layer of butter on it while it's still warm.
The REAL WAY: Heat 1 teaspoon of canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Put slices of bread in the pan. Then take another smaller skillet and place it on top of the bread to push it down. Use some extra cans of food to weigh down the skillet. Cook the bread until it's golden on one side (about 1-2 minutes). Flip the bread and cook the other side.

Either way you prepare your bread is yummy, IMO. Just depends how much time you have.

Scoop some tuna salad on your warm bread and top with cheese.


Enjoy!

2 comments :

  1. Now that looks yummo! Thanks for the recipe and stopping by my blog....I love the dustbuster too.....I have one I use all the time....LOL

    Yes my little helper is a doll....I love her to pieces....she runs to the kitchen everytime she hears me open the dishwasher LOL....she drys her same sippy cup over and over and over LOL....it's really cute....

    Have a great weekend
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, can you say AMAZING? That looks incredible! Thanks for sharing the recipe - and so nice to see another Chicagoland blogger:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails