Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Preparing for Passover & Yummy Cinnamon Apple Cake


March is already is full swing and it's time to start preparing for the spring holidays!

Passover begins on March 29th this year, so I only have a couple weeks to decide what to make.
Passover food is SO yummy so I look forward to it every year.

Here's a quick lesson from Wikipedia for anyone who doesn't know what Passover is.
During this holiday, we can only eat unleavened bread (such as matzah pictured below), so there are specific recipes that work better.




Last year, I made this awesome cinnamon apple cake. I don't have any pictures because it was before I started blogging, but I promise it was amazing. I also served it to everyone at work and NO ONE knew it had matzoh meal in it. It's
that good!

Yield: Makes 12 servings

Ingredients:
• 4 large apples, peeled and sliced (I used half red and half green apples)
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
• 6 large eggs
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2 cups matzo cake meal, plus more for dusting
• 1 tablespoon potato starch

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, and dust with matzo cake meal. Toss apple with cinnamon and 4 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.

2. Beat eggs in a large bowl at medium-high speed with an electric mixer. Add remaining 2 cups sugar, and beat 10 minutes or until pale and very thick. Stir in oil and 1/4 cup water. Add 2 cups matzo cake meal and potato starch gradually, and beat to combine.

3. Pour half of batter into prepared dish. Top evenly with apple mixture, and add remaining batter, spreading gently and smoothing top. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in dish on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Becka Kolodkin, Cottage Living, APRIL 2007





This year I want to try something new to bring with.

Does anyone have any great recipes to share? Please leave a link or comment for me : )

9 comments :

  1. I have zero Passover recipes, but I'm excited to see what you post! I love learning more about Judaism and the tribes. :-) Invite me to a Passover party sometime! The only Passover celebrations I've ever seen have been from The Ten Commandments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apple cake sounds delish! My family loves any kind of apple dessert so I just might have to try that. I have a few Passover desserts coming up this week :) And also wanted to let you know I left you an award the other day!http://tinyurl.com/yg4kvya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you put your food in those vegetables. They look cool, thanks for sharing. your morocan chicken is excellent, thanks for sharing Pickup Lines Google Gravity Tricks I love you quotes Good Night Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to make this for dinner tonight! I'm going to make it on the stove instead of the slow cooker, though. Thanks for the lovely dinner inspiration! :) Dark Web Links How to Access the Dark Web Website Traffic Estimator Best Backlink Checker Tools Play Free Games Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tutorial will guide you on How to recover deleted Whatsapp Images and Videos on android. Deleted Whatsapp Images

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very very awesome article. thanks for sharing with us. keep blogging! we have one of the best hard Disk cleaner called windirtrat which will help you to clean up unneeded files from your PC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ivan Rodriguez is a very popular baseball player from America. He also enjoys a whopping net worth of $70 million.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails