Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Snowed in? Makes snow cream!

It doesn't look like winter is ending any time soon here in Chicago. So one night I got really hungry for something sugary and I remembered reading about snow cream in the past so I had to try it. It takes about 2 minutes to make!

Some people have asked me what snow cream is, so here's a great article from The Washington Post about how snow cream came about. Basically, this is how people used to make ice cream before we had the modern ice cream we eat now.

Ingredients:
fresh snow
milk
sugar
vanilla

Take a small bowl and fill it with fresh snow.
Obviously, don't take snow from anywhere that might be dirty or near a dog's area!


Mix in some milk, sugar, and vanilla. I found that it was best to taste it and add more depending on how sweet you like your ice cream.

Mix well and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails