Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Swiss Cheese Beer Bread

We love beer in our house and use any excuse to crack open a cold one after the little guy is asleep! Unfortunately, Hubby picked out some weird beer that he heard was good from a friend and it turned out to be terrible. I hate wasting, so I tried to find some fun ways to use up the extras - beer and cheese bread!

From Taste of Home


Ingredients:
6 oz. shredded Swiss cheese

  • 3 cups flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter

  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir beer into dry ingredients just until moistened. Mix in shredded cheese.

    Transfer to a greased loaf pan.

    Bake at 375° for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.


    12 comments :

    1. I bet the swiss cheese added some great flavor to this bread.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is a great idea! I've heard of using beer in stews, but never for baking.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Perfect! I needed something to take to work tomorrow...

      ReplyDelete
    4. Where does the butter come in to play?

      ReplyDelete
    5. Sounds like a good recipe for bread. The swiss cheese is what caught my eye. Thank you for sharing.

      We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
      http://simpleesue.com/grammas-natural-home-remedies-for-arthritis

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh goodness how yummy! Sounds like the perfect paring!

      ReplyDelete
    7. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I see how you are compliment me on weight loss then I come over here to see you still have this AMAZING carb loaded (so out of my diet). LOL I'm so just joking, love ya!!!!!

      I have my mouth watering and SOOO want to have this ok saving again for the time when I can eat carbs!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Waht a great idea! I have some weird beer in the fridge myself. I might have to give this a try. It looks delish!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Darn it, I just had to click and go to this again. Man mouth still watering.

      ReplyDelete

    I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails