Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Banana Cookies


I love dessert more than anyone, but I can't help but feel guilty when I eat too much of it. When I saw this recipe for healthier cookies, I had to give it a try. Sometimes you just need something sweet and these are a lot better than a package of chocolate chip cookies or a giant cupcake!

Adapted from
Once a Month Mom

Ingredients:

• 2 bananas
• 2 cups oatmeal
• 1/4 c peanut butter
• 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 3 tablespoons sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Mush bananas in a large bowl.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Let mixture stand for 20 minutes to get more solid.
Roll small balls of cookie mixture and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy a guilt-free cookie!

8 comments :

  1. Looks yummy. I am game for anything chocolate, esp if it is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy. I don't usually like banana but I can imagine that cocoa helps :) Can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! I pinned this and will totally be making them!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bananas and try a lot of recipes with them, will definitely try this one!!!
    I'm hosting a recipe link up party on my blog and would be thrilled if you decided to participate!!!
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lisa -I wanted to let you know that I featured this in my "What I Bookmarked This Week" post - stop by and see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH yummy my dear! When I can eat carbs and fruit again so making this!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails