Another attempt at the crock pot came out great!
These BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches were really good and very easy to make.
- 1-2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 18 oz. bottle of BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 tpepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- hamburger buns
- optional: slices of cheese
Remove fat from chicken breasts and put in pot.
Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
If you're home, give the chicken a stir every couple of hours to keep from burning.
About 30-45 minutes before the chicken is ready, shred the chicken.
I think it's easiest to use two forks and pull the chicken apart.
After cooking for 8 hours, give the chicken a final mix and place on buns.
Add a slice of cheese to the top if you'd like.