Hubby was out of town recently and you know what that means? I get to make food that he doesn't like! This is definitely my kind of food, but he thinks it's a little too girly for his taste buds. So if you want a "girly" easy meal, this is a quick idea that I adapted.
• 1 1/4 c water
• 2 t vegetable oil
• 2 t lemon juice
• 10 oz. package of couscous
• 1/3 c dried cranberries
• 1/4 c chopped basil
• 1 t lemon zest
• 1/4 c feta cheese
• 1/2 c chopped fresh spinach
• salt & pepper to taste
1. In a medium pot, boil water, lemon juice and oil.
2. Stir in couscous, remove from heat, and cover pot. Let covered pot sit for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
3. Remove cover and fluff couscous. Pour into a large serving bowl.
4. Add cranberries, basil, feta, lemon zest, spinach and salt & pepper and mix well. Serve cold.