Adapted from Your Homebased Mom
• 1 lb Italian sausages (take out of casing)
• 1/2 c chopped onion
• 4 cloves minced garlic
• 24 oz. can of diced, peeled tomatoes
• 2/3 c pesto
• salt & pepper
• 10 oz. cooked ziti
• 4 c chopped fresh spinach
• 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
In a large pan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is cooked through.
Add tomatoes with juices and simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Stir occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
Add pesto. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 13 x 9 baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix pasta, spinach, mozzarella and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Add in warm tomato mixture.
Pour mixture in baking dish and top with remaining 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake until sauce bubbles and cheeses melt, about 20-25 minutes.