Adapted from here
• 6 t. hoisin sauce
• 4 t. soy sauce
• 2 t. sesame oil
• 4 t. white wine vinegar
• fresh ground black pepper
• 2 t. olive oil
• 1 t. minced garlic
• ½ t. grated fresh ginger
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 1 lb. ground turkey
• 2 cups mixed vegetables (We used mushrooms, carrots, red pepper and onion)
• ½ green apple, finely chopped
• lettuce leaves (washed and separated)
• shredded carrots for topping
• rice noodles (optional for topping)
Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix.
To make the filling, heat a skillet on high heat with cooking oil. When the pan is hot, add garlic, ginger and green onions to the pan. Stir fry for a few seconds, just until fragrant.
Add the ground turkey and break into small pieces. Cook until almost cooked through.
Add the vegetables to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Mix in the sauce and cook for about 1 minute until thickened slightly. Add the apples to the pan and toss to coat.
Remove the pan from heat.Serve the filling in lettuce “cups” and top with shredded carrots and rice noodles.