There aren't many vegetables that we both agree on, but spinach is one of them. We tried this recipe for stuffed chicken parmesan with spinach over the weekend and loved it! I found the recipe here.
Beware: this recipe is a little more complicated than it looks. It took 2 people to roll the chicken!
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz each)
1 box (10 oz) frozen cut spinach, thawed, well drained
2 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
¼ cup fat-free egg product
12 stone-ground crushed wheat crackers, about 1/2 cup (We needed a lot more than 12 crackers to make ½ cup)
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup pasta sauce
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (1 oz)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
2. In medium bowl, mix spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon basil and the garlic until blended.
3. Spread about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture over each chicken breast; roll up tightly. If necessary, secure with toothpicks.
4. In small shallow bowl, place egg product. In another small shallow bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 teaspoon basil and the pepper.
5. Dip each chicken breast into egg product; coat with crumb mixture. Place seam side down in baking dish.
6. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Pour pasta sauce over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165°F. Remove toothpicks from chicken before eating.