Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pumpkin Pecan Bread & My Breadmaker Obsession

I have an obsession with anything pumpkin-flavored, but I haven't had much time to try out any new recipes...until now! Before we moved, I was experimenting a lot with our breadmaker and I decided it was time to take it back out for some fun.


Presenting...pumpkin pecan bread (and a fun twist for dessert)! I love recipe zaar for breadmaker ideas and I usually find a few that look good and put my own twist on them.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 package of yeast
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 cups bread flour
  1. Add the ingredients to the bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
  2. Select the basic white bread cycle.
  3. The ingredients will mix. Make sure nothing sticks to the sides. Use a spoon to get the corners mixed if the machine misses them.
  4. Bake!
This bread is so yummy when it's fresh out of the oven with some butter on top.
For the special dessert twist, I spread some vanilla frosting on top and added a sprinkle of pumpkin spice. Mmmm! The best idea ever!

3 comments :

  1. I have some, with a few adaptations, in the bread machine now! It smells wonderful! I used fresh pureed pumpking, molasses instead of brown sugar, olive oil instead of butter, 1 cup whole wheat/2cup bread flour. 1 1/2 tsp yeast. I have found it to be MUCH cheaper to buy a jar of bread machine yeast instead of the packages. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for inspiring me this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m assuming this is a 1 1/2# loaf. Your recipe doesn’t say.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails