Friday, November 20, 2009

Pioneer Woman book signing!


Those of you who are into the blogging world may have heard of Pioneer Woman (AKA Ree Drummond). She's a very talented blogger, photographer, cook, and writer going on a tour of the country to promote her cookbook. She had a book signing at the Barnes & Noble near me, so I had to go check it out.

It was madness! This is only about half the people that were there. There was a huge crowd behind me and on the second floor that wrapped around.

I got there early at 6:00 pm so I would have a good spot for the book presentation. The seats were already all taken. She came out at 7:30 for a quick Q&A session and then began signing books. Umm...apparently, we were supposed to pick up numbers for the book signing, but I didn't know this because I came in the back door of the store. So I got #191 even though I was there pretty early.

So we got in line and waited. And waited...


The line hardly moved.


I really regretted wearing heels after a full day at work and an hour at the gym.


We waited even more.

4 hours later, my back was killing me and my feet were screaming. I couldn't handle it anymore and had to get home so I could sleep for a few hours before work the next day. I was really sad I didn't get to meet her, but I was just too tired.

However, I heard she did stay to meet every last person so I applaud her for that. There are a lot of authors and celebrities that leave a signing while there's still a line and end up with a lot of disappointed fans. Although I didn't get my book signed, it was a fun experience and I wish Ree the best on the rest of her tour and congratulations on her success!

2 comments :

  1. Oh that stinks that you didn't get your book signed! She's coming to Austin next week and I'm going to have to leave work early so I can get there in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you get there early and get in line! Have fun! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails