Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Begging for your help...

I am making over on old dresser that was passed down to me. During the last few weeks, we've been working on painting it and getting it ready for the craft room. I figured I would buy some new drawer pulls to match...no big deal.

Well, this turned out to be a huge deal when I realized that it's VERY hard to find the size and style that I need. These current drawer pulls are way too ornamental and I just want something a little more plain and traditional. But here's the hard part: they're 5.5 inches wide.
A few trips to some hardware stores later, I realized that it's really hard to find drawer pulls that are 5.5" inches wide. Once I finally found some a did a little happy dance, I got home and realized they STILL wouldn't work.
See how the back of the drawer pull has a little knob that fits right into the hole in the drawer? Yep, that's my problem. So I need a very specific type of drawer pull and I'm going crazy trying to find some.

Last resort would be spray painting the current ones, but I'd really rather not use this style.

If anyone has any suggestions of stores, websites, etc, PLEASE help me!

And on another note, I just wanted to say thanks for all the support over the last week.
Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

5 comments :

  1. Not sure where you can find that size, but have you considered filling in the current holes with wood putty (I think it's called) and creating new holes for whatever style of pulls you like?? It will take more work, but at least you'd get the design you really want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest filling the holes, too. Have you been to this place? http://www.theknobbery.com/
    I haven't been in the store, but it's local, and this seems like it would be right up your alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup I'd say fill the holes. There's two colors out there I think, wood color (light brown) and a white. Let it dry super good, sand and paint over it then drill new holes. I hope that helps, what a pain in the kiester huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^My thoughts exactly! Fill the holes and drill new holes for new pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. check out lee valley they have an awesome selection

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails