Friday, August 13, 2010

Chocolately Drizzle Coconut Cookies


Who doesn't love yummy cookies? These are chewy, sugary, chocolately goodness! I had some extra coconut lying around from another recipe so this was a perfect way to use it up and make a sweet snack. (Adapted from here)

All amount have been doubled for a larger recipe. If you only want a few cookies, I would suggest doing half of this recipe.

Ingredients:
• 2.5 cups flour
• 1 t baking soda
• 1/2 t salt
• 3/4 cup butter
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 t vanilla
• 2 cups shredded coconut
• vegetable oil
• 1/2 c chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.

Time to break out the giant baking bowl! (You know, the one you keep in the back corner of the cabinet that you only need a couple times a year for some giant recipe.) Combine butter, brown sugar, sugar and eggs. Add vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.

Gradually pour in the dried ingredient mixture from the first bowl.
Add coconut and mix well.

Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
Bake until light brown and toasted for about 10 minutes.

While the cookies are baking, pour vegetable oil and chocolate chips in the microwave-safe bowl.

Microwave for 40 seconds and stir to melt the chips.
Keep microwaving in 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted.

Using a spoon, lightly drizzle chocolate on cookies once they're cool.
The chocolate will take a few hours to harden.

Enjoy and indulge! These are great dipped in milk!


18 comments :

  1. pretty! I am going to have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO good, Lisa! Yum! I just got a new cookie jar -- and I think these will have to be the first to go in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh good golly...these are soooo much better than anything i've tried to make this past week:) yum! xoxo

    happy friday have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I am visiting from NFF!
    I might have to try these out! They look really good!

    Zig-Zags and Polka Dots
    http://zigzagsandpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum. I love coconut as much as I love chocolate so together? WIN! Now following you from NFF. Stop by if you get a chance :)

    http://answerischocolate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldnt stop thinking about those pancakes and here you had to go make cookies. Ok that did I am following you cheryl@scrapaddict4sure.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I have got to quit checking your blog this late at night. It always makes my hungry! YUMMY! Those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from NFF. These look fabulous, can't wait to try them. It looks so much better than the last attempt at cookies I made!!!!
    lifeofperks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there! these look soo yummy! following you from FF :) Hope you have a great weekend!
    Dawn :)
    http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look awesome!! Did you enter these in the BSI?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Lisa

    I found you thru Simply Sweet Home. Not only do these look delicious but your blog is fab! I signed up to follow you and I invite you to join me at Create With Joy!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like coconut...the family doesn't I will just have to make these and eat them all myself! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How yummy! My hubby would definitely be a fan of these!

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum!!! These look great! Plus, my hubby hates coconut so I will get them all to myself wahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your making me hungary!!

    I want to go through the computer and eat them!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails