Monday, August 9, 2010

Super Easy Spinach & Cheese Bread


This bread turned into quite the drama the other night. I noticed we had some extra spinach in the fridge, so I figured I would try it really quickly on a Sunday night. I was super tired, stressed, and just wanted a yummy snack. So I started measuring out my ingredients and when I went to grab the cheese, all I found was an empty container IN THE FRIDGE! Crap, I'm in my pajamas, it's pouring cats & dogs, and I didn't wanna go outside. I called my parents to see if they had any, but they were out too. So I had to resort to running out in the rain just for cheese. I kept thinking how pissed I was going to be if this bread turned out bad. Luckily for me, it was super yummy and I'm glad I finally got my cheese!

So here's my super dramatic bread recipe...and I hope yours is drama-free!

Ingredients:
• 1 c water
• 1 t onion powder
• 1 t butter
• 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
• 1/2 c parmesan cheese
• 1 t salt
• 1 package instant yeast
• 3 cups flour
• 1 t sugar
• 1 c chopped fresh spinach

Combine all the ingredients in the breadmaker.

Use the fastbake or quick bread setting to get your yummy bread more quickly. Honestly, who wants to wait hours for bread? It smells so good as it bakes and I get very impatient.

I couldn't resist! I had to grab a piece as soon as it came out of the machine. Mmmm...all nice and warm!

6 comments :

  1. Yum, This looks and sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny - I can't believe you went out in the rain for cheese! It does look delicious, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the BSI win!! And so glad your bread turned out - I would have been pissed if it didn't turn out either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when I'm sure that I have an ingredient and then when I look it's not there. I'm constantly running out for things! I'm glad this bread was worth it...it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't have a breadmaker, but i think i can figure out how to make this without one. it looks amazing! thanks for linking up to tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fabulous! YUM! I used to stop and get spinich cheese bagals to make my sandwhich for lunch and they were delicious. I bet this would be too! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails