Friday, August 27, 2010

Yummy Toffee Coconut Cookie Bars


Over the weekend, Hubby and I were sitting in bed watching our usual Saturday night crime shows. (I call it Crime Time Saturday) Anyway, he left to get his laptop and disappeared! I didn't even realize how long he was gone until he came back with a smile on his face. He told me he had dessert in the oven!

Good hubby! He knows how much I love surprises and dessert! Once the timer went off, he came back with a huge plate of these and a cold glass of milk to munch on while we watched Law & Order SVU. I was in heaven!

So in honor of his yummy surprise, I wanted to share it with you.


Toffee Coconut Cookie Bars

Ingredients:
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 3.5 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup toffee bits (I used Heath Bits O'Brickle toffee bits)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut
• 3 eggs

Preheat over to 350.

Lightly grease 9x9 baking pan.

Beat all dry ingredients in a large bowl until blended.

Add wet ingredients gradually and beat until blended.

Pour into greased baking pan and spread evenly.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy with a cold glass of milk : )



New Friend Fridays

Photobucket
504 Main
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

17 comments :

  1. I'm so jealous! I can't even get my husband to do his own laundry let alone make me surprise desserts! Looks like I'll be in charge of making these for myself because they look too delicious to miss out on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful!! Very dangerous though!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously contemplating making these right now... for breakfast! ;) They look delicious. Thanks for the recipe! (Visiting from NFF)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'M DROOLING!! WTG hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, visiting from new friend fridays! You have a lovely blog! I'm certainly glad I clicked my way here because now I'm drooling over those scrumptious looking brownies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from New Friend Friday ... what a super yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetheart! I love it when they do little things like that. I'm going to make these as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Hubby! Those look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great! What a sweet surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so good. I love anything toffee! The kids and I will give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lisa! They look DIVINE! He's a keeper for sure!!! I'm so totally making these...oh wait, I'm supposed to be going on a diet! DURN! But, they sound soooo goood! I might make them for Labor Day weekend so I have help eating them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

    http://innovativegourmet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum. Yum yum YUM! These sound phenomenal. And I'm sure they taste even better having someone else make them for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound really yummy! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did someone say say toffee! Oh yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to try these right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails