Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes

It looks like it's going to be a week full of recipe posts because I have a ton of them to share while I was on a cooking kick recently. But I'm working on a lot of new crafts for my craft room and will soon have those to share as well.

Anyway, last weekend I woke up on Sunday morning and had a vision that came to me in a dream: ricotta pancakes! We had some leftover ricotta from another recipe so this was the perfect excuse to use it up and make a yummy surprise Sunday breakfast.

Makes 8 pancakes.

Ingredients:
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 3/4 cup flour
• 1/2 t baking powder
• 1 1/2 T sugar
• 2 T lemon zest
• pinch of salt
• 3/4 cup milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 T honey
• 1/2 t vanilla
• non-stick cooking spray
• powdered sugar (optional)
• syrup (optional)

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest, and salt.


Mix ricotta, milk, egg, honey, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat until stiff. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir until combined.


Heat a pan over medium-high heat, and spray the surface with non-stick cooking spray. Use a ladle or measuring cup to pour batter onto the griddle. Cook pancakes for about 3 or 4 minutes and then flip them. Cook until both sides of the pancake are golden brown.


Top with powdered sugar and syrup.


Mmmm! Perfect breakfast!


In other foodie news, I won the BSI Blogger Secret Ingredient Challenge! See the turkey & spinach meatloaf that won the award! If you're into ground turkey, check out some of the other yummy recipes that were submitted. I'll definitely be trying some of these!


6 comments :

  1. I've never used ricotta in pancakes, it sounds awesome!! My kids ask for pancakes daily!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. SOUNDS AWESOME. Looks even BETTER! *drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that does sound good!
    Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving a sweet message!
    Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look absolutely AMAZING! mmmmmmm. maybe i'll make these sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look good I love a pancakes .Have you ever made some with sour cream?
    www.scrapaddict4sure.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I looooove pancakes! They looks so yummy!

    Congrats on your award! YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails