Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Easy Pierogi Lasagna

We love frozen foods for a quick meal in our house. They're easy to heat up and you don't have to worry about having all the ingredients. But sometimes, they can get a little old. So we adapted this frozen pierogi recipe to make it more exciting.

Ingredients:
• 1 box of frozen pierogi (What are pierogi? See here.)
• 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
• 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
• sliced turkey pepperoni
• 1/2 cup fresh spinach
• 1 T oregani
• 1 T basil
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Spread out half of your frozen pierogi in a 9x9 cooking dish.
Mix tomato sauce, tomatoes, oregano, and basil in a small bowl.

Layer spinach leaves and 1/2 of the tomato mix on top of the pierogi.

Add the rest of the pierogi.

Layer mozzarella cheese and pepperoni

Pour the rest of the tomato sauce on the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes until the top is a golden brown.

Enjoy!

And this is also great for leftovers the next day!

10 comments :

  1. Yum and it's vegetarian so that works for my daughter. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! you are making me want to eat this now (it's 6:30 am here)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, when you need a quick and easy throw together meal! Definitely adding this to the recipe list! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I've never tried pierogi before, but you're sure making me think I need to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I am so totally going to have to try this! It looks divine! I love cooking and it looks like you do, too. So I'll be your newest follower to snag some awesome recipes from you! Holla!
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some comment love earlier. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely sinful! And so so easy! I love using tasty frozen things and using them for completely different dishes. Just last night my hubby and I made wonton soup using frozen potstickers!

    Katie P
    Food, Wine, & Mod Podge

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! We love pierogies at our house -- and lasagna! What a great idea -- thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its absolutly wonderful, I am sure I can sabstitute vegetable with chicken, I ll make it on Sunday, and reply you back that how much everyone love it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to stop by and say that I made this recipe last night -- and it was VERY good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails