Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lowfat & Easy Pumpkin Cake

I can't miss out on all the pumpkin goodness this year! I made a few minutes to squeeze in a couple fun pumpkin treats including this semi-healthy & sweet pumpkin cake.

Adapted from here

Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
• 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
• 1 cup flour
• 1 t baking soda
• 1/2 t salt
• 1 t pumpkin pie spice
• powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 9x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.


Combine butter, brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl.

Add in applesauce and pumpkin puree.

Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice and then stir into the liquid mixture.

Pour into baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes.


Let cake cool and then top with powdered sugar.

Hubby warmed it and topped it with butter and I ate mine plain with some cold milk. Both ways were delicious!

9 comments :

  1. Your recipe sounds wonderful, Lisa! I especially appreciate a recipe that is low on fat, but doesn't compromise on flavor at this time of year! I'm sharing a link on my Facebook page today.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to try a pumpkin cake. I may try this one! great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I am in need of low fat recipes if I am ever going to get my body back :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds SOOOO GOOOOOD! I think I might have all of that in my pantry and fridge too. YAY! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, This looks really good. I love pumpkin anything! Happy Thanksgiving-- I'm sure it will be an extra special one with your little man! xo Malia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This too looks amazing!!

    New follower

    Tab
    My-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails